The BNC selects players from the surrounding region who wish to achieve a higher level of Netball and who are committed to the training and time required.
The BNC has a philosophy of developing players first and foremost. Achieving success on court is a natural progression from that point. Player welfare, and offering a family club atmosphere to allow young women to develop, is also a key goal.
Key to the above is the focus that the Club has on its coaching team. This team has experience at National, State and VNL level and at the very junior ranks at appropriate school and domestic competition. We strive to continually improve our coaching teams skills and qualifications and where necessary bring in new coaches to compliment the existing team.
All our coaches have been approved for working with children and have a minimum development coaching qualifications.
As at the beginning of 2017, the BNC has the following teams competing in the following competitions;
- 3 x Under 13 teams competing at the Waverley Night Netball Association at Jells Park (Waverley) on a Thursday evening;
- 4 x Under 15 teams competing at Waverley, also on a Thursday evening;
- 2 x under 17 teams competing at Waverley, one on a Monday night and one on a Wednesday night;
- 2 x Under 17 teams competing at the State Netball and Hockey Centre (SNHC) at Parkville on a Tuesday evening;
- 4 x Open teams competing at SNHC on a Tuesday evening.
The selection of the locations and divisions in which the BNC competes is flexible so as to maximise the level and quality of competition and to assist with development of our players.
The BNC trains as a Club at the SYNCA Courts at Thomas Street, Hampton on a Sunday afternoon/evening.
The Club may enter teams in select tournaments during the year.
All of our teams compete in both the autumn (February to July) and the spring (July to early December) competition. Player’s fees cover them for both seasons.
The Club trials all existing and new players in approx. August of each year – details will be posted on the web site.
Should you have any enquiries regarding the Club please direct that enquiry to the President, Nicole Piastri mobile number 0407 777 851, or the Secretary on the club email firstname.lastname@example.org